In these frantic days of digital transition, the regions of northern Italy are completing the definitive transition to digital terrestrial TV . New channels have arrived, high definition, pay-TV, but also numerous disservices and technical problems that have made television viewers feel uncomfortable.
One of the many headaches that brought the new television is certainly the difficulty of tuning the Rai channels in many areas of Emilia-Romagna, Lombardy, Veneto and Friuli-Venezia Giulia and Piedmont , in particular Rai 3 , which it broadcasts the news and news of its own region . So many Rai emiliani and romagnoli subscribers, once re-tuned the decoders and the tv after the Switch-off, have helplessly witnessed the transmissions of the TGR Lombardia and Veneto, and some Veneto TV users have instead been absorbed by the news of the Friuli-Venezia Giulia newsrooms or of Emilia-Romagna.
So how to go back to see the news of their region and the editions of the Rai Rai fair ?
To be able to receive the Rai channels that offer the news of your region armed with patience and follow this simple guide:
- First of all, if you can not receive the Rai channels of your region, try again every day the automatic re-tuning of the decoder or of the TV with built-in tuner. The transition to DTT is causing reception problems related to work in progress. If you do not receive in your whole area / neighborhood the problem comes from the source. The optimization of the channels on the frequencies in some cases could last a few days. ( See here how to tune the channels automatically )
- If instead the non-reception of Rai 3 Region is limited to your home then you can try technical solutions. Let’s see:
- If you can not see any Rai channel (or at least you do not see the first Rai 1, Rai 2, Rai 3, Rai News) you can try to unlock your decoder or your TV to receive the VHF III band channels with the European channel , setting the device nation to Germany or another country other than Italy. ( Here you can see the details of the simple operation ).
- If the decoder can not be unlocked on your decoder or if it is not positive and continues to receive RAI 1, RAI 2 and RAI 3, it may be necessary to review the receiving antenna system . For some types of ducted antenna, adjustments to the distribution filters are necessary. ( Here you can see the first useful interventions you can do ).
- If instead you receive all the Rai channels, but not Rai 3 of your region , try to manually tune the right frequency of the mux corresponding to your area . ( See here how to do manual tuning )
- Search on the site of digitaleterrestrefacile.it the frequencies and Rai channels broadcast in your city or in your province . Choose your city and manually tune the Rai mux of your region